This is the so-called 'eungkhui' thing mentioned on the previous post. Today I'm gonna share to you the cooking direction -err.. maybe sounds more like 'making direction'? Whatever... Let's just come into the ingredient!
All you need is these simple things:
- 250 g glutinous rice flour (tepung ketan)
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of turmeric powder (kunyit bubuk) to dye
- some banana leaves, baste with vegetable oil
- grated coconut
Mix them well
1. Mix well all the ingredients until smooth, except the leaves... (Do I have to say that?)
2. Place a fistful of dough on the banana leaf. Press it gently using fingertips to form a not-very-thin layer.
3. Steam it for about five minutes or until the dough become transparent yellow.
4. Spread coconut topping on it. Turn upside down and do the same for the other side.
5. Cut into pieces as you wish and serve it!^_^
That's all. Easy, isn't it? Just try this at home! :)