Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Saving General Yang (2013)


Title: Saving General Yang
Director: Ronny Yu
Starring: Adam Cheng, Ekin Cheng, Yu Bo, Vic Chou, Li Chen, Raymond Lam, Wu Chun, and Fu Xinbo

It is an epic about how seven sons march into the battlefield to rescue their trapped father. Seven sons will leave, six will return.
The story is based on the legendary Generals of the Yang Family during the Song Empire.The film begun by a scene where the sixth and seventh son (Wu Chun and Fu Xinbo) are being punished due to breaking family law by entering into sparring match without permission and killing their opponent, Pan Bao. It raises the anger of the Pan family who are the emperor's relatives and they have revenge toward the Yang Family. While the leaders of the two family are facing the emperor, a messenger comes reporting that the Kitans are attacking their empire. 

Ten years ago, it was Yang Ye (Adam Cheng) leading their army and beating the Kitans, killing their leader General Yelu. But this time the emperor gives the chance to Lord Pan to be a supreme commander and appoints Yang Ye to lead the front line troops and assist Lord Pan, someone who hasn't had enough experienced in war.

Yang Ye soon lead his army into battlefield and fight their enemies. However, they don't have as many warriors as the Kitans and are soon being pushed back. Seeing the ambush, Lord Pan commands his army to retreat, leaving Yang Ye in the battlefield. On the other hand, Yang Ye's troops can no longer handle the fight and are forced to retreat to the Wolf Mountain fort.

Worrying over Yang Ye, his wife comes to see Master Gaifu to ask for an advice. He gives her a paper. The wife then meet her sons and discusses the matter with the first son (Ekin Cheng) by showing him the paper. They agree to go into war. However, they cannot risk upsetting the emperor so the mother visits the palace to ask for the emperor's approval.

Having been permitted, the seven brothers march into the battlefield to bring their father back home. Believing in the paper by Master Gaifu which is written: "Seven sons will leave, six will return."

Have I said that Wu Xia movie is one of my favorite genres? I think so, as I have stated it when writing about Shaolin. The same goes for this one. I mean, I have watched it several times already and it means I like it.

The actors are good too. I have seen many of them in other movie/drama. I know the father, Adam Cheng, since I was a kid. I know him as Chu Liuxiang from "The Advanture of Chor Lau Heung" in 1995 (blame my uncle for introducing me to this genre of movies/dramas :P). I first saw the fist son, Ekin Cheng in "The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung" as Chu Liuxiang's master. I know the third son, Vic Chou, from taiwanese drama "MARS". The fifth son, Raymond Lam, as the gay doctor from the taiwanese version of "Hana Kimi" and the sixth son, Wu Chun, as the taiwanese police in "Kindaichi Shonen Hongkong Case", a Japanese special drama of Kindaichi.

That'a all. Haha.

Trailer:

Screencaps:


12 comments:

  1. wahh kak
    ini film sedih bangetz
    sampe2 saya mw nangis pas di bawa pulank mayat ayahnya :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya.. sedih banget. benar2 mengharukan T_T

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. terima kasih... film-nya juga menarik kak :)

      Delete
  3. sepertinya bagus... nice review... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's seem very touching, chaira. would I borrow the DVD, please? I like watching Vic Zhou too. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to kak, but unfortunately I don't have the DVD. I only have the file in my HD. If you want it, I can lend you my external HD. Shall we meet? hehe

      Delete
  5. khaira, ini blog kakak ya www.liza-fathia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling at ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...