Saturday, September 24, 2016

Officially 26

Happy birthday to me!

Uh, that sounds really... err, pathetic?

No, I didn't stay up to wait for the day to change (what am I, a cheesy teenager?). I wasn't even aware of the date itself (okay, I lie. I do know the date as I've been teaching everyday -except Sunday), and I'm pretty sure I don't put my birthday on my facebook for the people to see. I mean, it's 26. Just look at the number, nothing special with it. It's a quarter of century plus one. So that's it.

'Then, why are you writing this post?'

Because:
1. I haven't posted anything this month, and
2. It's a... hmm, tradition? I have posted rants dedicated to official numbers for the last several years so I might just continue with it.

However, it doesn't mean that I am not being thankful.

First and foremost, I'm very grateful to be able to live into my 26th year. Alhamdulillah for all the blessing bestowed upon me incessantly by Allah Almighty. I pray for the blessing to last still for years to come.

I thank everyone who remembered the day and congratulated me on this occasion: you, my sisters, my friend Ana, my Japanese Instagram friends (who happened to know because they read the caption of a certain pic I posted which I had written in, of course, Japanese). Also for those who remembered but didn't say a thing, for those who wanted to say but didn't remember the date, and for some special people in my life who I'm honestly grateful for them just being there (parents top the list).

There's one different thing this year, though, which is... I bought myself a birthday present! Yeah, it sounds silly, and it's not like I intentionally did it. The thing is, I just happened to buy a thing which I don't really need -no, I need it, just not badly as I've had one already but this old one is just being old and not functioning as perfectly  and...- since this particular thing is quite pricey, I just consider it a birthday gift so I feel less guilty. Sounds reasonable now?

Or may be not.

Anyhow, this post will end here. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...